About District ONE
Part of Region 10 (which includes 7 other Districts)
Our District is made up of:
- Six Divisions (A, B, C, D, E and F) with a Division Governor over each
- 30 Areas with an Area Governor over each
- More than 140 Clubs throughout
- Each Area has a minimum of four clubs
- District Governor, David Kitchen, DTM
- Lt. Governor of Education & Training, Regina Rhymes, DTM
- Lt. Governor of Marketing, Marlow Wilkerson, ACB
- Division A: Theresa Hight, ACB/ALB
- Division B: Monica Alexander, DTM
- Division C: Andrew Chiu, ACB
- Division D: J. Eldridge Taylor, ACS/ALB
- Division E: Gaurav Bajaj, DTM
- Division F: Marya Banniza, DTM
District ONE is one of more than 80 districts of Toastmasters International® worldwide. Toastmasters is a non-profit educational organization committed to making effective oral communications a reality the world over. Through its member clubs, Toastmasters helps men and women learn the arts of speaking, listening, and thinking vital skills that enhance leadership ability, foster human understanding, and contribute to the betterment of mankind.
District ONE comprises more than 140 clubs in the western Los Angeles county area. You can easily find a club that matches your desired geographic area, meeting day, and meeting time. See our club listings or club map for the club most convenient for you. Come visit and join.
The Mission of District One
The Mission of the District is to enhance the performance and extend the network of Clubs, thereby offering greater numbers of people the opportunity to benefit from the Toastmasters educational program by:
- Focusing on the critical success factors as specified by the District educational and membership goals.
- Insuring that each Club effectively fulfills its responsibilities to its members.
- Providing effective training and leadership development opportunities for Club and District officers.
District One’s Programs
A Toastmaster’s Promise
As a member of Toastmasters International and my Club, I promise …
- To attend all Club meetings regularly;
- To prepare all of my speeches to the best of my ability, basing them on projects in the Communication and Leadership Program manual or the Advanced Communication and Leadership Program manuals;
- To prepare for and fulfill meeting assignments;
- To provide fellow members with helpful, constructive evaluations;
- To help the Club maintain the positive, friendly environment necessary for all members to learn and grow;
- To serve my Club as an officer when called upon to do so;
- To treat my fellow Club members and our guests with respect and courtesy;
- To bring guests to Club meetings so they can see the benefits Toastmasters membership offers;
- To adhere to the guidelines and rules for all Toastmasters educational and recognition programs;
- To maintain honest and highly ethical standards during the conduct of all Toastmasters activities
* * *
“If we follow The Toastmasters Promise — and it’s not easy — the rewards return to us with lavish abandon.
“Build your success on The Toastmasters Promise … it will enable you to achieve any goal.”
— Don Ensch, DTM, Keynote Address, District ONE Conference, October 26, 2002
Updated July 2012